13. Defiant Jazz (Severance, S01E07)
- Asphyxiating Tupac (Atlanta, S03E02)
- Opening Title Sequence (Pachinko, S01E01)
"You do well with the ladies in Ohio?"
"Michigan. And, yeah, I do aight."
"So then you know real game comes down to feelings. Get a woman feeling safe, she's yours. Sprinkle a little nice on top of that, you got a freak for life." (Winning Time, S01E03)
- "Hang on. You should go get your diaphragm on." (Winning Time, S01E03)
(Better Things, S05E05)
"The homeless count is never right. L.A. doesn't have the resources to recruit, train, or equip enough volunteers for a proper count. So the city took a page from New York."
"The Flavor of Love contestant. You mean the city. New York, City. Okay, I'm starting to feel this fifth can."
"N.Y.C. conducts its homeless count on the coldest night of the year, when the fewest people are actually on the street, but since L.A. is never that cold, D.H.S. decided our count would be on Oscar night."
"The day L.A. moves all the unhoused people who live near the red carpet to the city of Glendale."
"And potential volunteers are all stuck at home with Oscar fever." (Mr. Mayor, S02E02)
"Why aren't you at the shelter?"
"Um, I don't love shelters. They're not that safe, and the curfew so early, it's dehumanizing."
"But we got rid of the Souplantation smell."
"Oh, you really didn't. I spent the night in one of those shelters the other week, and I'm still like, 'Where's the Italian wedding?'" (Mr. Mayor, S02E02)
- "I make a difference. I got L.A. to put MALIN+GOETZ products in the mobile showers on the Plaza, so…" (Mr. Mayor, S02E02)
- "Like how Ceviche started pulling her eyebrows out after her sister Landline was born. She's named after her grandmother's phone." (Mr. Mayor, S02E02)
"Oh, thanks for coming in early."
"No sweat. I keep my sleep schedule two hours ahead of time in case I ever take a trip to Chicago." (Mr. Mayor, S02E02)
"Let them live on failed sitcom sets."
"The kitchens don't work, and it's hard to get rid of Patty Heaton vibes." (Mr. Mayor, S02E02)
- "So is this the part in your movie where that K.T. Tunstall song starts to play?" (Mr. Mayor, S02E02)
- "That man is in my pocket like Jay-Z after the elevator." (Abbott Elementary, S01E10)
- "Have a cookie. They're homemade from the grocery store." (Abbott Elementary, S01E10)
- Norm Nixon (Snowfall, S05E06)
- "I'm not married to anything, all right? Although I am a little in love with that article on marital rape." (Minx, S01E03)
"Oh, my god. Jesus, Tommy!"
"Oh, no, that's Bobby. His anus is bluer." (Minx, S01E03)
"How about we have a drink?"
"Sure. Okay. Got any beer?"
"No, I do not. I have a lovely Pouilly-Fuissé." (Minx, S01E04)
- "I gave you my penis, and I want it back." (Minx, S01E04)
- "We got caught, all right? There is no escape. Now, it's time to accept our fate. Besides, kind of comforting, really, once you get your mind around it. I mean, look at this. I'm folding stuff…and that's okay." (Our Flag Means Death, S01E09)
- "So, uh, I reckon what makes Ed happy…is…you." (Our Flag Means Death, S01E09)
- Taika Waititi and Rhys Darby (Our Flag Means Death, S01E09)
"Hello? Blackbeard, sir. I, um…I heard you need some assistance."
"I'm in here. I'm in the blanket fort. The door's the blue cushion." (Our Flag Means Death, S01E10)
- </Our Flag Means Death, S01>
"People fall in love, and then they move in with each other."
"Not always. Sometimes people live very separate lives. Sometimes they live in the same lake house but actually live several years apart." (Starstruck, S02E02)
- "I just think you should try and be in better films. I mean, Mom's given you a white first name. Use it better." (Starstruck, S02E02)
- "He fucking Alan Rickman'd me." (Starstruck, S02E02)
"It's very bassy!"
"You said your old one wasn't bassy enough!"
"This is too much bass! Nobody needs this much bass!" (Starstruck, S02E02)
"'To Caleb. Dr. Kapoor wet the bed 'til he was 16."
"Yeah, you know what? I'm actually not embarrassed by that, and understanding why that happened is actually what pushed me into medicine, so…" (Starstruck, S02E02)
- "I-I-I'm sorry, Felix, but it sounds like George Clooney was bullying you." (Starstruck, S02E03)
- The guy in the hat (Starstruck, S02E03)
- "I want to be in the glass room alone." (Starstruck, S02E03)
"What do you want the tie to say?"
"I'm sorry for your loss, and I can only stay for an hour max." (Starstruck, S02E04)
- "Well, yeah, it is my taste. It is nice. So I guess that makes me a fucking kook. I guess that makes me goddamn Helena Bonham Carter." (Starstruck, S02E05)
- "And stop saying 'feelings' so much. You sound so American." (Starstruck, S02E05)
- "Why is it raining now? I hate your country!" (Starstruck, S02E06)
- </Starstruck, S02>
"Town full of Black folk. They were almost white."
"They were almost white?"
"White's not a real thing, right? There's no scientific basis for it. People just…become white. It's social. White is where you are. It's when you are. Armenians are white as hell 'til they ain't. When they dammed the Chattahoochee, some refused to leave. They thought they were safe. They'd paid to be white. With enough blood and money, anyone can be white. It's always been that way. But the thing about being white is, it blinds you. It's easy to see the Black man as cursed because you've separated yourself from him. But you don't know…you're enslaved just like him. Cold whiteness. You're hypothermic. You lose logic. You see the blood…and you think someone else is bleeding. Everyone is screaming at you to turn the machine off, but you can't hear them. You can't even hear yourself saying, 'We're cursed, too.'" (Atlanta, S03E01)
- "Since you love to dance so much, go 'head. Shoot it. Come on, shoot! You got these people up here thinking you retarded. Your ass gonna end up in them SPED classes. Now whip. Mm-hmm. Ay. Ay. Ay. Nae Nae. Come on. Hit it. Hit it! If you don't start using your common sense and acting right, these white people, they gon' kill you. Kill…you. Now do the worm." (Atlanta, S03E01)
- Frying chicken in a microwave (Atlanta, S03E01)
- "Um, where's the washcloth?" (Atlanta, S03E01)
"Why don't you try singing a song while you work? It might make you feel better."
"♪ I feel like I'm Gucci Mane in 2006 / All these diamonds dancing on… ♪"
"N-No, not like that. Sing something silly, like, um… ♪ I don't want to work no more. ♪" (Atlanta, S03E01)
- "Aw. Is Hugs your father?" (Atlanta, S03E01)
"All four of our children are Black, so we always make sure to tell them that the police are their friends."
"Yeah. Hey, you know who he reminds me of in that hat? Aloe Blacc." (Atlanta, S03E01)
- "I know being here isn't easy for you, but I am gonna love that right out of you." (Atlanta, S03E01)
- ♫: Wilson Phillips – "The Dream Is Still Alive" (Atlanta, S03E01)
"These white women are gonna kill us."
"Yeah nigga, we know!"
"Sweet release." (Atlanta, S03E01)
- "This city is my Jesus." (Atlanta, S03E01)
"All right, uh, can I get some ice with that, too?"
"Uh, yes. Uh, cubes?"
"Yeah, oh, cube, man. Not crushed. I don't want to…chew my water." (Atlanta, S03E02)
"What's with all the blackface?"
"Oh, nigga, stop acting like you don't know what…"
"Ah. That's, uh, Zwarte Piet. That's, uh, for the children. It's a long tradition passed down for many generations, so… Actually, he's black because he fell down the chimney, uh, helping, uh, Saint Nicholas."
"Okay, well, feels like Santa's slave, but I respect the rebrand." (Atlanta, S03E02)
- Tupac (Atlanta, S03E02)
- "Love your songs, man." (Atlanta, S03E02)
"Hello. Please, may I help with your…"
"Nigga, if you don't get the fuck out my face…" (Atlanta, S03E02)
"Is this a nice welcome to my country?"
"Oh, hell yeah. Holland slaps." (Atlanta, S03E02)
- "Same ratchet-ass hoes, different-ass city." (Atlanta, S03E02)
- "Hey, I'm-a wash my ass. You good?" (Atlanta, S03E02)
- ♫: 2Pac – "Hail Mary" (Atlanta, S03E02)
- "Turn the clogs around, bro, we ain't doing this sh¡t." (Atlanta, S03E02)
- "You fuck me? I will destroy you." (Atlanta, S03E02)
- "I need 300 pieces of fried chicken. All legs." (Atlanta, S03E02)
- "The Music Dance Experience is officially canceled." (Severance, S01E07)
- "If you're not satisfied, I'll make them grovel until you are." (Pachinko, S01E02)
- "Americans love games. Everything becomes one." (Pachinko, S01E02)
"America. I went there once."
"How was it there?"
"Everything. And nothing." (Pachinko, S01E02)
- "Don't look down on her tears. She earned the right to those." (Pachinko, S01E03)
- "I'm not under any illusion about my fate. I understand my child and I will be outcasts, that I'll have to leave the boarding house so as not to ruin my mother's business. I know all this. And yet…I…I was loved by an outcast." (Pachinko, S01E03)